Abbotsbury Software's strength is in software. This is augmented by a strong
grounding in Internet, Electronics, Manufacturing and Standards. This mix of
skills is extremely unusual in a software house and enables the company to take on
projects that other companies claim are impossible.
Abbotsbury Software has a long track record working with Internet systems. This
expertise includes providing ISP services, specifying standards for the ISP
industry, and developing server solutions on Unix and Linux based platforms.
Some examples of the Technical activities we are involved in, include :
- Developed and delivered Unix and 'C' technical training to Microsoft, IBM,
Cray, BT, ICL and approximately 300 other major computer manufacturers and
- Provided support service for IBM, to all third party vendors in Europe
Middle East and Africa
- Developed first Web presence used to provide support to IBM third
- Specified the programming standards used by Reuters
- Developed Shell Hollands first Smartcard customer system
- Developed and delivered IBMs SQL training materials to IBM SEs throughout
- Designed and developed a fault tolerant database system for the London Stock
- Developed software and test strategies for controlling medical imaging
equipment for GE
- Developed imaging and printer drivers for IBM
- Developed and host Internet delivery system for supply of information on M&A
activity to the worlds major merchant banks
- Participated in DTI project to specify standards for Internet Service
- Developed and host Internet sites for approximately 100 companies
The companies MD Tim Snape, has been awarded the title of INVENTOR OF
THE YEAR at the BBC Tomorrow's World International Invention Fair 1999.
Abbotsbury Software mix of skills enables the company to take on the
most challenging technical problems for customers big and small.